Greens with Cashew-Coconut Cream Sauce
- 10 ounces Kale
- 10 ounces Swiss Chard or SPinach
- 2 tbsp oil( coconut or sunflower )
- 1 pc Fresh green Chili, seeded and minced
- 1 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Toasted Cashews
- 4 tbsp Fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Cocunut milk
- Combine the coconut milk, cashews, lime juice, and salt in a blender and pureé until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Rinse, stem and coarsely chop, kale, or Swiss chard and set aside. Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the asafetida, then chili and fry for a minute. Add the turmeric and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the greens, cover and cook on medium-high heat until just tender, stirring often. This will take only 2 to 3 minutes for spinach or Swiss chard, and 6 minutes for the kale.
- Pour in the cashew mixture. Stirring to evenly coat the greens. Add water gradually and mix through.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.