Servings: 4 cups
- 3 cups water
- 2 pinches ground nutmeg
- 2 pinches ground cinnamon
- 2 pinches ground cardamom
- 1/2 inch piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teabags (black, green, rooibos, etc)
- 1 cup almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 2 tsp sweetener of your choice
- Boil the water with the spices for 2 minutes.
- Add the teabags and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add milk and heat till hot but not boiling.
- Add sweetener and serve.
You may vary the amounts of the milk and sugar according to taste and dosha. Kapha is provoked by increasing milk and sugar. If you use caffeinated tea, the cardamom will help neutralize the effects of the caffeine.